On October 30, 2020, the CFPB published its long awaited Final Debt Collection Rule (the “Rule”) which is intended to interpret the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (the “FDCPA”) and clarify how new communication technologies can be used in compliance with the FDCPA. As an unexpected twist, the CFPB has delayed publishing its final rules as to validation notices and time barred debt disclosures and has indicated that those provisions will be published in December.
- 11th Cir. Amicus Brief in Hunstein v. Preferred Collections and Management Services, Inc.
- The Supreme Court Weighs in on the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Finding Shelter in the Storm: Using the Bona Fide Error Defense with the Final Debt Collection Rule
- Will Hunstein Require a Reset?
- Adjusting Policies and Procedures for the Dead Consumer